Friday, September 18, 2009

The Penny Stove

I've been cooking...well, which so far has only consisted of boiling water for coffee and freeze dried camping meals, on this cool little stove I made out of a Heineken beer can:








The penny acts as a pressure valve and it burns denatured alcohol; it will boil a pint of water in 2 minutes. The stand I made out of a wire coat hanger and some grounding wire from an old light fixture. It's a little wobbly but works ok if I am careful.

Here's the link, if you want to make one:

http://www.csun.edu/~mjurey/penny.html

It only took me about 30 minutes (not including time to empty the Heineken Can) and works great.

Also, birch bark is great for starting a fire, it burns like paper.

Tune in next time for more wilderness survival tips with Skinny White Boy from Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment