Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pukaskwa and the White River

Tues, Sept 15

One thing I like to do is surf other peoples' travel blogs before I set out on a trip, for ideas of things to see, and Pukaskwa National Park is one I found from this fellow's blog:

http://www.gowaterfalling.com/waterfalls/chigamiwinigum.shtml


Well, Wawa was not quite as close to Pukaskwa as I thought, it was more like 100 miles, but I made it there after breaking camp early and a whore shower (couple of swipes of deodorant, brush teeth). Arrived at the visitor center and the girl told me there had been some bears in the campground, to be sure and keep all food and garbage locked in the car.

I set out on the hike to the suspension bridge at 12:15 and the map billed it as 15 kilometers each way, or about 20 miles round trip. Once I got there, the suspension bridge was closed for repairs, but I went out on it a little way anyhow.

Some pics:














Back at camp by 6:15. Damn, my feet hurt. Wine, campfire, dinner, and I am out like a light.

Tomorrow: Thunder Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment