Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What the heck ARE these things?!?!!?




They are on literally every stone outcropping, of which I have passed hundreds in Ontario heading North; little stacks of stones, up on high outcroppings, and right at the edge, by the road.

Indian prayer temples? Perhaps monuments of protestation where a man-made modern "trail" interfered with an old footpath? Little signs of good luck? I'll have to look them up and see what they mean.

On a whim, I stopped and climbed to the top of one to check these things out and decided to build one myself.





I hope they mean something a little more romantic than just some cheesey thing tourists have done. Or at least good luck.

So if you are ever traveling route 144 through Northern Ontario, stop by and see my temple. It's at the hilltop near the entrance to the Osprey Heights trail, on the left side of the road if you are heading North. It's the 2-tiered one with a round green rock on top and is dedicated to world peace, my children, Savannah and Courtney, and Nancy and Armando.

Onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment