Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WaWa




That's the name of the town I finally stopped in on Monday night (I think -- I am losing track of what day it is, not a bad thing) after breaking my 250-mile per day limit (Over 400 miles). Landed in a nice little campground by a small river and had a peaceful night. I have begun rigging the hammock as a bivvy and sleeping on the ground, especially on cooler nights as the ground is warmer this time of year and it's easier on my back.

With the fantastic thick sweatpants Nancy gave me for Xmas, a thick wool sweater, and a thermal foam pad under my 35 degree rated sleeping bag, I can stay pretty comfy, but I haven't been tested yet with temps below 48 or so.



Tomorrow (Tuesday?) is a short drive North to Pukaskwa Nat. Park...

No comments:

Post a Comment